How to Measure
How to measure for your made-to-measure blinds
- You will need a good tape measure (metal tapes are best)
- Pen and paper
- When measuring, you can use inches or centimetres. Measure to the nearest sixteenth of an inch if you're using inches or to the nearest millimetre if you're using centimetres
- Decide where you want your blind, inside of the window or outside the window.
On the inside of your window is called recess size.
On the outside of your window is called exact size.
- First measure the width by measuring from the left to the right
- Write down your measurement
- Then measure your length, this is from the top to the bottom. (The length can also be called the drop) also write this measurement down.
- Always write down the Width first, then the drop.
- Look out for protruding handles to ensure the Blind can hang freely.
- We recommend you measure in several places to allow for any slight size variation – then note the smallest measurement.
- Our Machines deduct the correct measurements needed, so there is no need for you to make any adjustments.